Our Curriculum and mode of delivery focuses on the end goal – well-educated, well rounded and capable young women.
At Brigidine, our curriculum program provides extensive Core and elective subjects to ensure students gain a well-rounded education tailored to their interests and gifts – and, importantly, is delivered in a manner that enhances engagement and supports students through the challenges of adolescence and early womanhood. As such, our Curriculum is purposefully tailored for the needs of Years 7 and 8, Years 9 and 10, and Years 11 and 12.
We are committed to engendering a love of learning that promotes students’ sense of belonging, self-esteem and resilience. Students learn in a collaborative and cooperative environment, which caters for the many learning styles of experiences of the students. The curriculum continues to evolve to the needs, interests and talents of all students.
The Brigidine Curriculum
Aims to develop self-reflecting independent learning – including effective techniques to enable young women to achieve their study and other goals.
- Commits to gospel values of justice and service – in keeping with our Catholic heritage
- Provides for a student-centred learning environment – to optimise their learning, engagement and initiative
- Affirms the dignity and sacredness of all people – reinforcing respect, compassion and inclusiveness
- Provides for independence through inquiry, analysis and transformation – helping our young women grow and develop important life skills
- Nurtures and encourages each person’s potential and unique gifts – through active guidance and mentoring.
The Brigidine College curriculum is supported by the Dimensions of Learning Framework which is a respected education guide to how the best learning occurs. It identifies five types of thinking (dimensions of learning) that we apply and instil in our girls:
- Positive Attitudes and Perceptions to Learning
- Acquiring and Integrating Knowledge
- Extending and Refining Knowledge
- Using Knowledge Meaningfully
- Productive Habits of Mind