Living the Gospel
- The Cycle of the Liturgical Year is embedded in the College calendar; the natural rhythm of the school is synchronized with “celebrating the Good News” and reflects gospel practices and processes.
- Our Opening Mass begins the year with an outward focus on welcome and hospitality just before Ash Wednesday re-focuses our community on others through Project Compassion – a call for us to live out the Gospel values.
- At the end of Term 1, we conduct our Easter Liturgy – it is a solemn, dignified liturgy which seeks to relate Christ’s passion to the issues facing our world today.
- Advent sees the community preparing similarly and incorporating the Good News of the Jesus story into our community in a way that will make it an ever-new and ever-relevant story for our students.
Students Retreat Days include:
Year 8: Social Justice
Year 9: Eco-spirituality
Year 10: Personal Development
Year 11: Feminine Spirituality
Year 12: My Spiritual Journey
Other formation opportunities for students may include:
- ACU Social Justice Days
- Caritas Just Leadership Days
- Powerhouse of Leaders Archdiocesan Event
- Brigidine Justice and Democracy Forum in Melbourne annually
Our students are encouraged to extend their knowledge and understanding of other religious traditions and practices through:
- exposure to the Indigenous, Hindu, Islamic & Buddhist traditions- RE excursions and guest speakers for Study of Religion
- dance/drama/music/art always form a part of our liturgical celebrations
- symbols are widely used as ways of expressing relationship with the Divine as well as encouraging a hands on approach