Outline of Fees
Brigidine College is a fee paying school and Tax Invoice/Statements for school fees are issued quarterly (per Term) no later than the last week of the holidays. The Statement includes fees for Tuition, P&F Levy, Building Fund, Book Hire, IT Levy and Curriculum Levy. Base Subject Levies per year level and any additional choice subject levies ie Visual Art are charged on the Term 2 fees statement.
These fees accompany the enrolment application forms and processes for admission to the College.
Application fee: To lodge an enrolment application form for admission to Brigidine College, a non-refundable $100 application fee applies.
Acceptance Fee: If an offer of a place is made, the payment of a non-refundable Acceptance Fee of $500 indicates acceptance.
Confirmation Fee: A $750 Confirmation of Commitment Fee is paid in the year prior to a student’s commencement and is refunded on the Term 1 fees the following year. This fee is non-refundable if the enrolment is cancelled.
This is an indication of the cost of the fees and levies in 2017:
Years 7-10 $7348.00 per annum $1837.00 per term
Years 11-12 $7858.00 per annum $1965.50 per term
Amounts include all fees except certificate courses, specialised subject levies, camps and co-curricular participation. Fees must be paid promptly by the due date.
- A discount of $40 per student per term is offered for payment prior to discount date. A administration fee of $66 applies for fee payments received after due date, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- A $300 discount* will be granted to parents who elect to pay the full year’s College fees in advance. Additional charges must be paid by the due date each term.
- Family discounts are available for students attending simultaneously. $520 for second student and $ 1200 for third student per annum.
Contributions to this Fund support the capital programme of improvements to College facilities which are ongoing. All current and future building developments are dependent on parents fulfilling their enrolment commitment of the annual contribution to the Fund. The amount is kept as a separate item as it is an allowable tax deduction and a separate receipt is issued for tax purposes.
Parents and Friends Association (P&F) Levy
The Parents and Friends Association Levy of $45 per family per term replaces most major fund raising activities and includes a levy for the upkeep of the swimming pool.
Information Technology Levy
The College Information technology levy supports the cost of the tablet as well as the software licences and support.
Annual Subject Levy
The Subject Levies is charged on Term 2 Tax Invoice/Statement includes but is not limited to photocopying, insurance, Art materials, Home Economics materials, copyright and certificate courses.
The Curriculum Levy supports the cost of curriculum activities per class/year level.
All co-curricular activities chosen by students are to be paid separately to the college before the start of the activity. These activities are not included in the College quarterly Fees Statement.
Fees must be paid promptly and no later than the due date specified for each term. Specific payment details and all forms are available for families via the Community Portal on the College website.
The College accepts fee payment by Direct Debit (bank account) and Direct Credit (credit card) , BPay, Eftpos (at College Reception), Cash, Cheque or Credit Card (via the QKR payment system).
All parents are encouraged to use the QKR phone App or web client payment method when using the credit card payment option for full payment of fees per term (no payment plans) or when making any co-curricular activity payments.
If you have any questions in relation to fee payment options, please do not hesitate to contact Michelle Russell in the College office on 3002 0617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawal of Enrolment
Brigidine College has a set procedure for students and families intending to leave/exit the College prior to graduation at the end of Year 12.
When a decision is made to withdraw a student from the College, parents need to be aware of the following:
- One full term’s notice must be given in writing to the Principal of the College at email@example.com
- If the required amount of notice is not given, one full term’s fees will be charged in lieu of notice.
- The Principal’s PA will respond to the notification and then the College Registrar will email the family a Student Exit Form. This is a guide for returning all College Property currently held by the student.
- All accounts are to be finalized with the Finance Department.
Circumstances may alter for many families and changes to your daughter’s needs can occur during the time of enrolment. Parents however, must assist the College with this procedure, so that the College can continue to offer a strong and effective level of education and service.