Brigidine College is proud of the academic achievements of its students and looks forward to being able to assist students who demonstrate outstanding academic strengths and abilities. Scholarships are awarded for the duration of a student’s education at Brigidine College. Scholarships provide part or full remission of tuition fees.
Jan Neumann Academic Scholarship
Named after former Principal, Jan Neumann 2009-2012, the academic scholarship is an opportunity for new students entering in Year 7. The scholarship is provided to two students each year.
- Be in Year 6
- Complete an ACER Scholarship Test (February, Year 6)
- Present supporting documentation – Student’s interests and achievements
- Submit references from Primary School Principal and/or teachers (two minimum)
- Attend an interview with the College Principal
- Half of tuition fees for the duration of schooling at Brigidine College
Applications for the Jan Neumann Academic Scholarship and ACER Test Registration for Year 7 2021 close on 10 February 2020.
Jan Neumann Academic Scholarship Application Form
Brigidine College Senior School Scholarship
Four Senior School Scholarships will be provided to students currently enrolled and completing their studies in the Brigidine College Middle School (Year 9) to be applied for their Senior years of study (Year 10 – 12).
These Senior School Scholarships are focused on the student’s academic learning and performance across the Middle Years (Year 7 – 9) in the areas of:
- Science, Mathematics and Technologies
- Humanities and The Arts
- Be currently enrolled in Year 9 at Brigidine College
- Sustained very high levels of achievement across:
– Core areas of learning
– Enrichment areas of learning
– NAPLAN Years 7 and 9
- Acknowledgement of Academic Excellence at the Awards and Acknowledgement Evening
- Submit an application by end of July when in Year 9
- Student’s written submission (250 words) on why they should be considered for this scholarship and how they will continue their commitment to their studies and be a positive model for others at the College. Further supporting documentation including interests and achievements is recommended
- Parent letter of support
- Attend an interview with Principal and/or Deputy Principal Curriculum
- Half of tuition fees for Years 10, 11 and 12
Scolaire Educational Sponsorship
The Brigidine College Scolaire Educational Sponsorship Fund has been made available through the generous support of a Brigidine family whose connections to the College date back to the early 1960s. It supports nominated current students from Year 7 and Year 12 to assist with College tuition fees. The College Principal may offer Educational Sponsorships to families through the application of the selection criteria below.
One or two Year 7 students will be nominated each year. Students will be identified and selected by the College Principal. Sponsorships will be finalised by the conclusion of Term 1, each year.
- Applicants are enrolled at Brigidine College
- Attend an Interview with the College Principal
- Assistance with tuition fees for the duration of schooling at Brigidine College
In addition to these scholarships, there is a Bursary Fund to support the enrolment of new students (usually Year 7 entry) who would not otherwise be able to attend Brigidine College due to financial hardship. You can find out more details on that here.
General Criteria for Scholarship and Bursary Funds
In applying for the above scholarships or bursaries, eligible students should demonstrate:
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence reflected in the student’s dedication to achieve according to her potential
- A commitment to the leadership role that is implicit for all Scholarship holders. This includes being a positive role model for younger students through a dedication to academic studies
- An understanding of the ambassadorial role of a Scholarship holder in representing the College
- Support for all aspects of the Student Behaviour Code
- Support for all aspects of College life
- A commitment to the ethos of the College
Scholarships, Educational Sponsorships and Bursaries are provided at the discretion of the College Principal through the application of specific criteria.
Scholarship or Bursary Application Queries
Application questions can be referred to the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Mrs Joanne Strachan.
Phone: 07 3870 7225