Brigidine College aims to foster the development of Catholic faith and spirituality as well as to empower our young women to create a more just society, within the College and beyond it through:
- Building Right Relationships
- Walking in Solidarity
- Welcoming Without Prejudice and
- being Called to Action:
To this end:
- Catholic Social Teachings of the Church are embedded in the Curriculum and Faith life of the College.
- Prayer and worship are a priority within the College timetable. Students actively participate in prayer and liturgical services.
- Religious Education Programs are linked to the life experiences of the students.
- Experiential spiritual Retreats, and Workshops are arranged for each year level.
- Beliefs are actioned through everyday service in community building activities within the College, voluntary membership of service groups such as Justice and Democracy, St Vincent de Paul. Music Ministry and Environment Club and Community Service within our wider community.
- Service Learning is a component of our Senior College Religious Education Program.
- Special Days of Solidarity are commemorated including Sorry Day, Naidoc Week, Environment Day. World Day of Prayer and Cultural Diversity Day
- Opportunities are available for students to celebrate the Sacraments including weekly, House liturgies and whole College Masses.
- Parents are encouraged to join the College online in celebrating community occasions like the Opening Mass, Ash Wednesday, Brigidine Day Mass, Awards and Acknowledgement Evening, House Masses or Liturgies and other special Assemblies.
- All teachers uphold the ethics and values of Brigidine Education with a particular focus on guiding each student to discern and reflect on the Brigidine Core Values.
This generosity of spirit – this caring about others and about the proposition that we are all created equal – is the single most effective antidote to the self-centred moral numbness that allows fascism to thrive. Madeleine K. Albright
Mr Andrew Beiers, Deputy Principal Mission
Fr Pancras Jordan, Chaplain
Phone: (07) 3002 0619